Local, Seasonal Ingredients
Throughout the year we work with local suppliers to choose ingredients that are in season: that means we get the pick of the freshest, tastiest and most nutritious food available now.
We have great relationships with local suppliers. We get our meat and poultry from Colin Clark & Sons (Dorchester); fish from M&J Seafood (Poole); eggs from Foots (Bishops Caundle); fruit and vegetables from Washingpool Farm (Bridport), Elwell Fruit Farm (Salway Ash) and Graingers (Dorchester); yoghurt from Yeo Valley (South Somerset); bread for West Dorset from Punch and Judy (Bridport); baking goods from Bako (Cullompton) and fresh (including dairy from the South West), dried and frozen goods from Hunts (Sherborne).
Of course, there are ingredients we’ll need all year round that aren’t always available or possible to grow or source locally, so wherever possible we’ll buy from a local supplier to support the local economy.
As well as all that, we keep other promises about the food we serve:
- All our meat and poultry is British.
- All our fish is Marine Steward Council certified.
- All our eggs are free range.
- We will use local, seasonal fresh fruit and vegetables, wherever possible.
- We won’t add salt, GM ingredients, undesirable additives or trans fats to our meals.