There’s a delicious smell coming from the Kitchen as the first batches of Christmas Cookies are baked!
It’s a great recipe to make at home, either to enjoy with the family or box up as Christmas gift!
Helen and Emma in the Bridport Kitchen have told us how to do it!
15g Baking Powder
20g Cocoa Powder
30g Cranberries (dried)
155g Plain Flour
35g Golden Syrup
115g Margarine or Butter
55g Rolled Oats
115g Caster Sugar
30g White Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 155 degrees
- Sift Flour, Cocoa and Baking Powder into a mixing bowl with Rolled Oats
- Rub in the Margarine until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs
- Add the Sugar, White Choc Chips, Cranberries and Syrup and mix into a stiff dough.
- Knead the dough and roll into long, sausage shape. Wrap in greaseproof paper and chill for 30 minutes
- Slice the sausage of dough into 15 discs and place on to a greased baking sheet.
- Cook for 9 – 11 minutes depending how crunchy you want your cookies to be!
- Cool and enjoy!