As well as preparing fantastic food from local produce that your kids love, we are always very keen to work with others to improve school food and help develop the school meals sector. Naturally we were delighted when the Children’s Food Trust invited us to be a case study focusing on school meals for children with special diets. You can read the full article here but here are our Top Tips.
- Cook from scratch – so you know what is going into your meals
- Speak to your suppliers – maintain up-to-date nutritional information on ingredients and allergens
- Communication is key – with parents, schools and your cooks
- Staff training is crucial – not just cooks but all staff involved with serving and ordering school meals
- Have policies and procedures in place