FAQs March 2021
Click here for our Ordering Guide for Parents.
- Can I order meals for my child via this site?
Yes, please click here.
if you’re new to Local Food Links you’ll need an authorisation code first – see below.
Account set-up and login
- I don’t have an email address
It’s easy to set up an email account, and many of the larger internet companies offer free email services that you can access on any computer (including public computers in libraries and schools). Some of the more popular include:
* MSN Hotmail
(We don’t specifically endorse any of these services.)
- I just created a Local Food Links account, but I can’t log in.
If you created your account successfully, then please check the spelling of your email address and password when you typed it in. Try resetting the password (using the link below the ‘Login’ button).
If you get the message, ‘These credentials do not match our records’, then the email address was not recorded correctly. Just create a new account, ensuring your email address is typed correctly.
If you get the message, ‘We have emailed you a password reset link’, then log in to your email and use the link to change your password. Please note that the link is only valid for 60 minutes.
- I have tried to reset my password, but the email has never arrived.
Please check the spam or junk folder of your email account. If you still can’t find the password email, please contact Local Food Links at firstname.lastname@example.org
- My email address has changed. How can I change my account?
Email us at email@example.com, noting your old email address and your new address. You can still log in using your old email address until you receive notification that the change has been processed.
- I don’t have an authorisation code.
Please contact your school office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The authorisation code I have does not register on the system.
Please contact your school office or email email@example.com
- My authorisation code has already been used.
Authorisation codes can be used more than once – for example, both a child’s parents could have separate accounts for themselves with their children in both accounts. Either parent could then order, pay, and alter meal choices.
Ordering and Payments
- Why can’t I order or make changes for this week?
Local Food Links policy is that all orders (and cancellations) must be received one week in advance. This is because we only order the exact quantities we need for each day’s freshly cooked meals, minimising waste and making the meals more affordable.
- Can I pay by cash or cheque?
If you need to pay by cash or cheque, please contact your school office for more information about placing your order through the school.
- How do I pay?
You can pay by debit or credit card or by PayPal.
- I’m not sure my payment has gone through – what should I do?
If you believe that you have made a payment that has not been received, please check your bank or credit card account immediately, and if you have been charged contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I have two children. Can I use a credit on one account for a meal on another?
Yes, your credit is linked to your account and can be used to pay for any linked diner’s order.
- How do I cancel a meal I have ordered and paid for?
As long as the meal is still more than a week away, click ‘Cancel meal’ on your order page. If the meal is within one week, you cannot cancel or alter it.
- I have a credit balance. Can I have the cash refunded?
Only if the child holding the credit leaves the school, otherwise you can use it to order meals.
Notices and Emails
- I would like to sign up for emails from Local Food Links.
Click here to sign up for newsletters and ordering reminders.
2. I don’t want to receive any messages.
If you want to unsubscribe from our emails, then just click on the link at the bottom of the email and complete the form to be removed from the list.
However, we do send other messages to parents automatically, such as password change confirmation emails, payment notices, and meal cancellation messages. You can’t opt out of these, because they’re essential to the meals service.